How to bring your fiancee to the U.S.

By: Moises Apsan
April 7, 2023, 10:48 pm

Are you looking to bring your fiancé to the United States? The K1 visa is the perfect solution. The K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a foreign citizen to enter the United States to marry a U.S. citizen within 90 days of arrival. This visa is the first step to obtaining permanent residency in the United States.

In order to qualify for the K1 visa, you must prove that you and your fiancé have a legally valid relationship. You must also provide evidence of an in-person meeting within two years of filing the petition. Additionally, you must prove that you have the financial means to provide for your intended spouse.

Once you have established eligibility for the K1 visa, you must complete the application process. This involves submitting a petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In order to complete the petition, you must provide evidence of your relationship and financial means. Your fiancé will also need to submit a separate application, including a medical examination and supporting documents.

Once the petition is approved, your fiancé will be contacted to schedule a visa interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The visa officer will ask questions about your relationship, as well as your fiancé's background. They will also review the documents submitted with the petition.

If approved, your fiancé will be issued a K1 visa. They will have six months from the date of issuance to travel to the United States. Once they have arrived, you and your fiancé must marry within 90 days. After the wedding, your fiancé can apply for a green card to become a permanent resident.

The K1 visa is a great option for couples looking to get married in the United States. If you and your fiancé meet the requirements, you can begin the process of obtaining a K1 visa to bring your loved one to the United States.

Apsanlaw Offices